Mr. Hoffer has been a practicing attorney since 1991. Divorce and Family Law are the bulk of Mr. Hoffer’s caseload. After working with several other attorneys after law school, Mr. Hoffer opened his own office on North Ocoee Street in the Spring of 1996.
In over twenty plus years of practice, Mr. Hoffer has handled thousands of divorces, custody, child support and juvenile cases. He has also tried several civil and criminal jury trials over the years representing clients facing a variety of charges including rape, murder, attempted murder, possession of controlled substances, and driving under the influence. Mr. Hoffer has also practiced in the Court of Appeals and has maintained a membership with the Bradley County Bar Association since 1991 including a stint as President in 2015-2016. He is also a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and past member of the Bradley County Chamber of Commerce. In addition, Mr. Hoffer serves on the Board of Southeast Tennessee Community Corrections.
In 2001, the Tennessee Supreme Court certified Mr. Hoffer as a Rule 31 Family Mediator. Since then, hundreds of attorneys and individuals from Bradley, Hamilton, Meigs, Knox, and McMinn, and Rhea Counties have hired Mr. Hoffer to act as a mediator in order to facilitate agreements in divorce, custody or other family law cases.
Mr. Hoffer is married to Lisa and together they have raised four girls, two of whom are now married. Lisa and Jerry have two grandchildren and one on the way.
- Admitted to Tennessee Bar 1991
- Admitted to U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1992
- Certified by Tennessee Supreme Court as Rule 31 Mediator 2001
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Member of the Bradley County Bar Association/ Past President
- Family Law Section Member of TBA
- Former Board Member of Southeast Tennessee Legal Services
- Current Member of Southeast Tennessee Community Corrections
- Former Member of the Bradley County Chamber of Commerce
- Former Juvenile Court Referee
- Attended University of Akron, School of Law J.D. 1991
- Attended John Carroll University B.A. 1988
- Enjoys (most of the time) training for and running in Marathons